Everyone has experienced underarm odor at some point in their lives. This occurs when your armpit gets warm and moist, which make them ideal hosts for bacteria. Odor-causing bacteria thrive in moisture, and is worsened by being trapped in hair and unbreathable clothing fibers.
There are millions of sweat glands throughout your body, which are either the eccrine or apocrine glands. The culprit for body odor are often your apocrine glands, which are found in your armpits and groin. When sweat is emitted from the apocrine glands and come into contact with the bacteria on your skin, you will experience unpleasant smells.
Is My Deodorant The Problem?
You may notice that you are suddenly experiencing odor breakthrough despite using a deodorant or underarm product you have always relied on. Regardless of the product, this could be a sign that there is simply product buildup in your armpits.
For those who have recently switched to natural deodorant and find that they smell, they think to stop using their deodorant after a couple of days because they don’t think it’s working. But that isn’t necessarily true – This may just be your body going through the purging phase where your body is adjusting to a new product and is pulling impurities that may have been trapped. Regardless of your situation, a 30 day armpit detox is the key to tackling the base of your body odor.
Doing an armpit detox simply reduces the capacity of sweat glands and eliminates odor-causing bacteria. It also helps the body get rid of toxins that have built up on the surface of the skin.
How To Make An Armpit Detox Paste
Follow this armpit detoxing routine for 10 days in the shower and you will see your odor problems subside and your body will adjust to natural deodorant successfully.
2. Apply this paste to your armpits in the shower.
3. Massage this paste into each of your armpits for 30 seconds before rinsing.
4. Pat your armpits dry. Apply deodorant once your armpits have been fully dry.
If you prefer a ready-to-use format, kaia naturals® has developed a bar that combines all those ingredients for an easy one-step process. Simply lather the underarm bar and scrub for 30 seconds under each armpit to address the bacteria and remove any deodorant buildup.
Other Tips and Tricks to Help with Armpit Odor
- Dry-brush the underarm area once per day in circular strokes to increase circulation, and massage the lymph nodes.
- Avoid eating processed foods as your diet can have a substantial impact on your purging phase.
- Don’t be afraid to sweat. It’s healthy. Getting your sweat glands to open up and start sweating increases circulation throughout the skin and blood flow.
- Drink plenty of water to ensure you are fully hydrated.
- Re-apply deodorant throughout the day whenever needed.
If you found this article to be helpful, share it with friends and family who might be struggling with the same issue!
10 second quickies
Neglecting your armpits can lead to embarrassing odor and other more serious medical issues. I’ve got some advice for you to help you learn more and care for the skin that everyone forgets about – the armpits!