While the holidays are a time for indulgence, there are a few things we can do to make this season a little less sinful. Try swapping a traditional dish, for something a little more detox-friendly. Here we have a cauliflower mash recipe, a perfect swap for mashed potatoes!
Cauliflower contains glucosinolates, which are sulfur-containing compounds. Glucosinolates help the body detox by supporting your liver and phase 2 detoxification.
What You Need
- 2 ½ cauliflower, whole head, separated into florets
- 2 ½ garlic, whole bulb
- 2 ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 5 teaspoons thyme fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chive
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice ¼” from the head of garlic and drizzle olive oil over the exposed cloves. Wrap garlic in aluminum foil and roast for 40-50 minutes, until soft. Remove from oven and cool until you can handle it.
- Steam the cauliflower until very tender about 10 minutes
- Transfer cauliflower to a food processor. Pulse the cauliflower mixture until there are no lumps and it’s smooth like mashed potatoes. This may take a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve, and watch everyone rave over this recipe!
For more easy holiday dishes, check out the Detox Vinaigrette and Seaweed and Turmeric Popcorn recipe.